“Competition is the keen cutting edge of business, always shaving away at costs.” – Henry Ford
MassMEC places its members into groups with similar energy needs. Aspects such as rate class, load factor, capacity, and location all are used to determine with whom a company is best grouped. EarlyBird Power then negotiates on behalf of MassMEC with qualified power suppliers in the region for the lowest available market price.
Some large businesses or groups may be best served by our RFP process, which allows for a target price below the current market. Suppliers are notified, and we monitor the market for you. It creates a very competitive process that takes advantage of market volatility and forward planning.
Smaller businesses will likely be suited to a group reverse auction. It is so named simply because suppliers bid down to offer the lowest price and gain the contract. The auction takes place online, and suppliers only see the lowest price being offered. Five minutes prior to closing, suppliers no longer see their competitors’ offers, and must bid their lowest possible offer in order to win.
It’s easy to see how this kind of competition and forward planning creates fantastic energy pricing for our members. We monitor the energy markets for target rates, and our buying groups enable you to benefit from volume discounts.
And competition is what MassDevelopment is all about: making Massachusetts a more competitive place to build a business, and developing a vibrant economy for the state!
Contact MassMEC now to learn more. The sooner you join, the sooner you can start saving!
- Fill out the Contact Us form or call us (888) SO EARLY.
- MassMEC runs a free analysis of your energy data, and advises you of immediate opportunities.
- MassMEC monitors the market for opportunities and notifies members when suitable.
- MassMEC procures the lowest available rates for electricity and natural gas supply.
- You decide if it makes sense for your business to move forward. If you decide not to do anything, there is no cost to your company.
- We watch the market for threats, opportunities, and optimal renewal times.